Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Engagement & Wedding


     James proposed to me at a really fancy resteraunt called 'the Roof.'  It is part of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and has a beautiful view of the temple.  I was completely surprised; I thought he was at work that night.  I had assumed that he would propose to me earlier in the day, because we had gone out and gotten professional massages, and done a few other fun things downtown. When he didn't propose earlier in the day, I assumed that it would be a different weekend or different day.  James's family had said that they wanted to take me out to dinner that same night though, which was normal for them.  I had been dressed up really nice earlier, but changed right before going out with them.  Vicki noticed that I had dressed down, (in capris and flip flops) and encouraged me to wear my nice clothes for dinner, but I'd told her 'no.'  (Little did I know, they were taking me to a nice resteraunt for James to propose!)
     Anyway, they drove me to the Joseph Smith building, and Jon dropped us off while Vicki and I went up the stairs.  Once we got to the resteraunt by the huge window that overlooks the temple, Vicki went to the bathroom. So I was waiting by myself on a bench outside the Roof for quite a while it seemed.  It probably seemed like longer than it was because I felt uncomfortable being so under-dressed at such a fancy resteraunt!  Well, that is when James came out with a bunch of flowers and got on one knee, and proposed.  I was so caught off guard because I thought he was at work.  And, of course, I said yes!
     Once we went and sat down, we were talking for quite a while, when finally James couldn't stand it anymore, and he told me to look down.  Well, sitting there on the appetizer plate, was my ring.

View from 'the Roof'
Engagements- Taken by Andrew Simmons (Annie's husband)


We used this one for the invite


Taken after the Brown's family pictures

James and I were married July 23, 2009 in the Draper temple.  It was an amazing day. Being sealed in the temple was such an exciting, enlightning, and sobering experience.  It was really cool to look through the double mirrors and realize that we were going to be the sealing link between our ancestors and our posterity.  It was so wonderful to have my parents and all of my brothers and sisters and spouses in the temple together.  It was a dream come true for my family. The Brown's threw a reception that evening in Draper.  We had a great time.  Many of the Call side of the family came and the Brown's friends and family came.









                                               

The wind blew so hard that my veil came off!
The wedding party celebrating!

My new family (everyone but Jon & Jennifer)





After our wedding and reception in Draper, we went on our honeymoon -a cruise to the Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
Our dinner partners- also newlyweds


Our cruise ship taking off without us :)

We blended in well with the natives




When we returned we and had another reception at my parent's house in Pocatello.  It was really fun.  We had it from 8-10, and had a dance after.
What a hottie!

Some of my high school friends
Cutting the cake
Everyone except for Dave's family & Jake
Starting off the dance

No comments:

Post a Comment