Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Year

After we got married we moved up to Pocatello and I started doing a Graduate Teachers Assistant-ship at ISU. I had miraculously gotten this scholarship and was SO set on doing it, so I had somehow talked James into moving to Pocatello for a year so that I could complete it.  It was a full ride scholarship, plus stipend, plus health insurance covered.  I taught a few undergraduate classes for the college to pay for my tuition.  I graduated in 3 semesters, with a Masters of Health Education Degree.  During that time I was also working a few hours for Hope Tree Family Services, and during the summer of 2010, I taught summer school health for District #25.
Opening wedding presents-James was having a blast
The last flower of the dying tree
This tree was one of my favorite presents James has given me. Unfortunately, I am not good at taking care of plants and consequently it died before its time :(



Jon & Jennifer's wedding & my first time to OH








rAnDoM
Our first Halloween


At Lagoon with our neighbors

Racket ball at ISU


OR & WA Spring Break- 2009
Multnomah Falls OR
Jace's birthday sleepover

Isaac and Tad's birthday sleepover

James had made a huge sacrifice to move up to Pocatello for me (he'd left his job, school, friends, position in the anatomy dept., etc.). Living in Pocatello turned out to be a huge blessing for him as well though.  Fortunately, he was able to do tutor graduate level anatomy classes, as well as do extensive research on Thylamide, which was the key to getting him into Midwestern.  So, after my graduation, we moved back down to UT, so James could graduate from the University of UT.
     About 8 months after we got married, we felt like we should have a baby.  So when we moved down to Salt Lake, I was about 5 months pregnant. Another blessing that came our way, was that I was able to find a job for the few months I had before having Benson.  I taught health classes for Olympus Jr. High while the regular teacher was on maternity leave.  I almost finished the term, but Benson wouldn't have it...he came about a week before I was going to finish.
Mother's day gifts, and pregnancy announcement

James broke his foot a week before his scheduled trip to El Salvador.  He had to have surgery a day or two before he was suppose to fly out.  Needless to say, he sat that trip out, and was on crutches for six weeks.

 
Saying goodby to our first apartment (pregnant with Benson)
We stopped off at Disney Land on our way to Hawaii and got into all of the rides without waiting, thanks to James's broken foot.  Shortly after this picture was taken, I learned that they only allow one person in a wheelchair at a time, not two.
 
Graduation-
During the graduation ceremony they pronounced my name as Sydney Brown.  It was sad because no one that had come for me cheered :(

Stephanie & I graduated the same year

The Brown's came up for the ceremony

Vacation to HI with the (older) Browns (my graduation present)



Dolphin Excursion
Canoeing at Capt. Cook Monument

Losing to James in checkers

Sunset at Mona Loa (or maybe Mona Kea...?) We were freezing!

Farthest South Point in the US
Black Sand Beach
James's false idols

Canoeing at Capt. Cook Monument




 

No comments:

Post a Comment