Saturday, January 19, 2013

Christmas 2012

As crazy as the break was, we were still able to squeeze in some fun.


Me trying out my new camera
Opening present's at our apartment, before leaving. Benson got a bed, and a Mater car, Eden got the mat/play thing she is laying on, & I got a fancy camera from James.  I gave James tickets to Brian Regan show (a comedian).
This Christmas, James talked me into a one time spending allowance increase.  Here was his reasoning- he worked full time on campus tutoring and TAing this summer rather than taking a break, and yet (he thinks) he hasn't gotten to see/spend a penny of it.  He went above and beyond expectations, so he felt like he should be able to spend some of the money he made.  Hence, this Christmas was more extravagent than the past (and future!) Christmas's.
While I can see his point of view (and agreed to it), it still makes me a little bit sick to my stomach when I realize that we are so far in debt, have so many expenses coming up, and are on government assistance.
I guess its true that opposites attract.  I'm just trying to enjoy the camera he got me without thinking about all the bills the we are going to have to pay.

     





 Pocatello                                               



This outfit was from Vicki.  Eden looked so adorable in it that I couldn't help but take tons of pictures of her! 

Round 2 of opening gifts!  We are so spoiled! Thank you Mom & Dad for the money & toys, movie, calendar, etc.  Thank you Dave & Katuska for the fun bath toys, clothes, gift card, etc.  We are a pretty lucky bunch! 
 


On Christmas day, after presents and breakfast, we went to the park and played soccer.  I am still mad at myself for not taking pictures, because it was really fun.  The one thing I didn't appreciate- getting schooled by my younger nephews- Tad, Jace, & Grant.  I thought I was in fairly decent shape, but I was wrong. I seriously thought I would be the 2nd family member in the stroke unit of Portneuf.  Moving around in the snow nearly did me in.  Luckily, James was on my team, and has an unlimited amount of cardio-vascular endurance, and made up for it
.      
  Ali, Ben, Dad & Benson at the hospital
 ~Since Dad wasn't home on Christmas Eve, we recorded the family acting out the nativity story and singing songs and playing music on Christmas. He was watching the recording on the ipad in these pictures.  


 

Can't get enough of Christian's 'fro




Draper



                                       Another round of opening presents! We are so spoiled!

                                             Cousin time! Benson, Eden, Rebecca, Amelia, & Nicole


   Although we froze our bunz off, we loved being in the snow again. James and I thought that sledding was a blast.  Unfortunately, Benson didn't agree...John came and took him back.








No comments:

Post a Comment