Sunday, July 14, 2013

San Diego

    James had to take his big board tests in the end of June.  They were the biggest test in his medical school career, and according to him, 'the most important tests of his life.'  I thought that was slightly dramatic, but he obviously felt the weight of them. Consequently, he spent the end of May and the entire month of June studying 13 hours a day.
 He told me that he wanted some sort of vacation or present once he was done.  So Meredith and I planned a little getaway to San Diego together with our families.  We found out that one of the preceptors at Midwestern owns a hotel down there, so we ended up getting 50% off!  It was a fun little suite and we were able to squeeze us all in.   

Beach- James tried his luck at surfing, but I don't think he ever got up.







                                             View from the hotel

Seaport village-  according to him, he is one of the last sword swallowers on the planet. (I can't imagine why)


San Diego Zoo-
It was the perfect time to go for us because the kids were both still free. We won't be able to afford anything or go anywhere once Benson turns 3 :(   Even though he was free, Benson loved the zoo.  Eden did as well, especially the elephants.  She got so excited whenever she saw one.  After we left the elephant exhibit  (and this was at the end of the day), I felt bad because I realized that all day, we had only been pointing things out to Benson, not her.  Sad life as the 2nd child.  I can't imagine how neglected I was as number 8! :)     









No comments:

Post a Comment