Sunday, August 21, 2011

College Life

 ISU
After getting back from Jackson Hole, I started my first semester at ISU.  Transitioning from high school home work to college home work was a pretty big jump for me.  The first semester was pretty difficult when it came to school.  However, I was on a music scholarship and was starting the music program at ISU. This required 20 hours of piano practice per week, as well as performances, accompanying vocal students, and accompanying ISU's girls choir.  That was a lot of work but it was really rewarding to get so much better at the piano.  I was taking lessons under Kori Bond, who wasn’t quite as good as a teacher as Mark Neiwirth, (the teacher I’d had while growing up) but I liked her way of teaching anyway.  However, I decided that I was going to transfer to BYUI, in Rexburg.  I’d gotten a really good scholarship there, and would start the winter/summer track.   

BYU-I
Sun Valley
Best friends ever- Terry Bitton, Katressa Lambson, & Sara Wiegman
 One of the falls that I had off I moved to Jacob Lake in AZ to work on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Boston trip for Ali's marathon

Irish hard shoe dance in "Best of" show
International Dance Festival Tour

Dance Tour

I enjoyed living in Rexburg in January (the winter semester) when I started.  Toward the end of this semester I decided I was not going to major in music.  Unfortunately, I did not feel as positive about the BYU-I music department as I did about ISU and with Mark Neiwirth.  I felt like they were trying to weed me out rather than help me develop my talent.  I look back at it and am just more and more grateful that I had such an amazing teacher growing up.  Anyhow, I switched my major to PE and Health Education.  
  Once the summer semester came around, however, I fell in love with the place.  I didn't think that I would enjoy summer school, but I did.  It was such a great place to be in the summers.  We would go bridge jumping, go to Egan Lakes, float down the rivers, etc.  I loved it, and had the best roommates ever.  One roommate in particular that made the experience SO much better was Katressa Lambson.  We were roommates until she got married in 2008.

The 'available pose'
Homemade facials
   Another highlight of my schooling was the opportunity I had to participate in the dance program. I was able to be on clogging teams, folk dancing teams, and swing team.  Here are a few videos that my friends recorded of a couple of swing team performance.  I wish I had the rest of the videos!



Ali's wedding- 2007

Graduation trip to Cancun.  Such a blast!!!  Thanksgiving, 2008. (Mike came too, but I can't seem to find any pics that he was in...)
Ali & I with our pets

 Myan ruins at Tuluum

Many hours of sand volleyball


Our prize for winning the bull riding competition didn't go to waste- haha

No comments:

Post a Comment